13 Main Beliefs

1. I believe in God, our eternal Father, in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. Three distinct individuals.

2. I believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for what Adam did in the Garden of Eden.

3. I believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel. It is by grace we are saved, but we must keep the commandments and repent of our sins or his atonement will not be effective for us. We cannot just say, "I accept Jesus as my Savior and have the sins disappear that we have committed in our life.

4. I believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5. I believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof. I do not believe you can go to a college or university and get God's authority. Only he can give it and it has to come through someone who has the priesthood of God.

6. I believe in the same organization that existed in the Church when Christ was on the earth, for example, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, etc.

7. I believe in prophecy, revelation, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8. I believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; I believe there are some errors that those who translated made. I also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, another witness of Jesus Christ.

9. I believe all that God has revealed, all that He continues to reveal through his prophet, and we believe that He will continue to reveal council and guidance to his Church through his prophet.

10. I claim the privilege of worshiping God in the manner I believe, and allow everyone the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

11. I believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

12. I believe in being honest, true, chaste. I believe that a good honest life lived true to ones spouse and family is an important goal in life.

13. I believe that God has provided a means for all of us to live with our families forever. To achieve that goal we must be married for eternity by those who hold the priesthood of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment